Return To Fit After Baby Bootcamp
There are some special consideration which must be made when returning to exercise after having a baby. Navigating exercise while nursing, coping with pelvic floor weakness, pelvic instability and postural changes and (serious lack of sleep!) all require specialized knowledge and sensitivity.
Return To Fit After Baby Bootcamps are specialized weekly exercise programs which will help you:
- Regain fitness level
- Retrain your core
- Exercise effectively to avoid injuries related to the postnatal body
- Strengthen your pelvic floor safely
- Decrease stress and have fun with other moms
Programs run weekly for 6 weeks. Babies welcome!
Still Standing Strong: Recovering Body and Mind Exercise Group for Moms of Stillborn Babies
After I lost my fifth baby Samuel to full term still birth in 2013, I desperately wanted to get my body back to its pre-pregnancy state. Having a post-partum body when there is no baby to nurture is so cruel. The only post-partum exercise groups I could find were solely for women with babies. It was torture.
Our bodies are still recovering from birth and yet we have no place to go to guide our return to fitness which respects that although we are postpartum, we are Moms without baby here to hold.
Now there is such a place.
I decided to create a workout group for Moms suffering the tragedy of losing their babies, led by a mom and exercise professional who specializes in perinatal pelvic issues, and who has suffered the same experience of profound loss.
Exercising regularly will help you cope. I promise.
Please contact me if you are interested.
Fit Mom Forever Group Exercise
A supportive and lighthearted class designed by a mom just for moms! Based on the principles covered in the workshop, this exercise class was designed to address some of the fitness challenges common to moms such as:
- Managing mild incontinence
- Exercising with prolapse – what should I NOT do?
- Pacing your return to fitness
- Fitting fitness back into your life – supportive real life strategies from a mom who knows the struggles first hand
- Exercising with pelvic instability and pain
- Body image barriers to fitness
Custom group fitness available! Contact us for your small group needs.